- Coworker: Hi, do you have a second?
- Me: Is this regarding Blue Ivy at the VMAs?
- Coworker: No.
- Me: Then I have zero seconds.
LIVING FOR BLUE IVY’S DANCE MOVES WHILE HER MOM SLAYS IT ON STAGE.
- Coworker 1: Sara totally suffers from BOMO.
- Me: No, I don't! I hardly ever have FOMO, I'm content with missing out.
- Coworker 2: Nooooo -- BOMO! Blackout makeouts.
- Me: Ah, of course. Yes. That's probably true.
- Coworker 1: Ohhhh to be young again!
- Coworker 2: Or Sara.
Tonight I went with Jaclyn to her parents’ home in Long Island and basically had all my dreams come true because we drove for hours with the windows down and hung out with THREE WHITE FLUFFY DOGS and put our toes in the sand and breathed in the ocean air and saw a beautiful sunset from the Robert Moses Causeway and ate a homecooked meal and drove by some DEER just hanging out by the side of the road and spent forever at TARGET (where we obviously tried on onesies) and that should hold me over on “suburban adventures” for a solid three months at least.
…I need to be patient, I need to accept that I do not get to shape the world as I want. That sort of thing only happens in fiction and this is not fiction. This is a huge, messy, exhilarating life.